Many people always think that they have any underlying disease, and these thoughts may be severe enough to be considered obsessive.These obsessions may interfere with the normal day-life of such people. Many of those people may panic if they have a headache and they will think that they have brain tumors and some others fear abdominal cancers if they just have any abdominal pain, personally I have a friend that is typically that kind as he always goes to doctors when he feels any tiny symptoms …
So, what do you can do to avoid such thoughts? The answer is very simple and that is Regular Check-Up. I know most of you know that fact but how many of you do not do it? you might be surprised by the answer !!
I'll tell you about the cheapest way to do this general check-up and if you do not know it's provided that you do this check-up every 6 months so that if you really have it disease and you'll be able to cure it in most cases.
Just go to any laboratory and ask them for the general check-up package (They usually offer one) but if not then you may ask them to do the following easy investigations:
– Complete Blood Picture (CBC): to access the conditions of anemia, bleeding disorders or white cells diseases (leukopenia or leukemia).
– Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR): It gives a clue about many diseases especially rheumatic conditions, bone diseases and malignancies.
– Fasting & 2 hours post prandial blood glucose levels: To check for Diabetes Militus
– SGPT & Prothrombin Time (PT): To assess liver condition
– Creatinine: as an indicator if kidney functions
Lipid Profile (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL)): To check blood vessels and heart problems.
– Complete Urine Analysis: To check excess salts that are predisposing factor to stone formation
Also, you may do an Ultrasonography every 6 or 12 months to complete the general check-up.
Of Course these are not all the investigations or the most recent ones but as i said this is a general check-up and if it happens that you have progressive symptoms to anything, please visit your doctor to seek help …
I hope this may help you to relieve anxiety about your health[ad_2]
Source by Sayed EL Assal