There has been an increased interest in yoga these days. Thousand of people are attending yoga classes and thousands are practicing yoga at their homes in front of a yoga video or DVD in the hope of improving their physical and mental health.
Yoga is a process that involves releasing blocked tension and energy in the body. There are many physical and psychological benefits of yoga. It helps to make the muscles, joints and all other parts in your body to work to their utmost potential.
In addition to the meditation, a person practicing yoga should perform many 'asanas'. These asanas always helped promote the body's flexibility. They also help in lubricating the joints and other parts of the body. Yoga detoxifies your body by increasing the flow of blood to various parts of the body. It helps to tone and invigorate muscles that have grown loose and weak.
Although yoga is often discussed in terms of its mental approach, there are clear and proven physical benefits that are a part of this approach.
There are many proven physical benefits of yoga. Some of them are as follows:
1. Regular practice of yoga makes your immune system strong. If your immune system is strong, you will have more resistance against diseases.
2. Yoga increases flexibility and range of motion. It makes you more active than before.
3. Yoga reduces pain in joints and muscles. There are many 'asanas' for this purpose.
4. Yoga causes stronger lung capacity and therefore Promotes higher quality respiration. This improves your overall health.
5. Those who practice yoga regularly will have increased metabolism. This can lead to weight loss!
6. Yoga promoters higher quality of sleep especially due to improved breathing and a more oxygenated body.
Thus, yoga improves your physical health as well as your mental health.[ad_2]
Source by K Rama